International Conference on Global Economic Revolutions: The Era of the Digital Economy
Big Data Governance and Business Analytics for Sustainability
The International Conference on Global Economic Revolutions: The Era of the Digital Economy (ICGER) is an international forum for the exchange of ideas and information on the economic changes and developments in the era of the digitalization. .
27th to 28th February 2023
University City of Sharjah
About this conference
The International Conference on Global Economic Revolutions: The Era of the Digital Economy (ICGER) is an international forum for the exchange of ideas and information on the economic changes and developments in the era of the digitalization. The conference brings together contributors from a variety of perspectives, disciplines, and communities seeking the advancement of knowledge regarding the digital economy.
ICGER 2022 “Big Data Governance and Business Analytics for Sustainability” will be held on 27th & 28th February 2023. The conference aims to provide a premier platform for discussing a variety of views on a wide range of novel and important topics in the digital era. With the rapid explosion of technological development in the digital era, Industry 5.0 is inevitable; its emergence catalyzed by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, these changes in the economy still require advanced technologies and systems which need to be effectively governed.
The conference will be organized by Accounting Finance and Banking department, Ahlia University, the Kingdom of Bahrain in cooperation with the Arab Academics and Scientists Union which is affiliated to the League of Arab States.
The conference will be hosted by the Gulf Educational Center for Arabic Studies in Sharjah University City which is affiliated to the Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States, in cooperation with one of the biggest universities in the UAE, University of Dubai.
|Submission deadline||10th February 2023|
|Acceptance notification||15th February 2023|
|Conference dates||27th to 28th February 2023|
|Presenter Type||Conference Fees|
|Scholars (Academic)||$ 300.000||$ 250.000|
|Student Authors||$ 150.000|
|Attendees without a Paper||$ 200.000|
|Ahlia University Student Listener||$ 50.000|
Payments made are not refundable for any reason.
Big Data Governance & Sustainability (Track 1)
- Big Data Applications for Finance, Business, Accounting, Education, Telecommunication, Healthcare
- Using Big Data for sustainable development goals
- Big data for social innovation
- New data standards and regulations
- Big data management
- Data stewardship and governance
- IT Governance in the digital era
- Blockchain governance
- Sharia Governance in the digital era
- Redefining governance mechanisms for big data and analytics
- Corporate governance and its role in the digital era
- Economic governance for cryptocurrency
- Big data analytics and business intelligence
- Big data analytics and Internet of Things
- Ethical implications of big data and business analytics
- Trust, accountability, privacy, and security issues
Metaverse & IoT (Track 2)
- IoT for sustainability
- IoT-enabled innovation and entrepreneurship
- Industry 5.0 and its implications
- Metaverse and sustainability
- Metaverse Applications for Finance, Business, Accounting, Education, Real estate, Telecommunication, Healthcare
- Challenges and solutions of extended realities
- Virtual objects trading and NFTs
- Ownership in the Metaverse
- Awareness and acceptance of metaverse applications
- Social and cultural acceptability concerns
- Cyberbullying, cybersecurity, and privacy concerns
- Blockchain technology for the Metaverse
- The role of FinTech in the Metaverse
- Sharia and regulations for the Metaverse
- Halal marketing in the Metaverse
Business Analytics, Blockchain, & Cybersecurity (Track 3)
- Business analytics and intelligence for sustainability
- Sustainable cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity and ESGs
- Business Analytics for SMEs and Innovation
- Decision Intelligence systems
- Self-service Business Intelligence
- Emerging trends in business analytics
- Energy Efficiency and Intelligence
- Applications of Blockchain technology (beyond cryptocurrencies)
- Solutions for cryptocurrency mining wastage
Digitalization and Sustainable Technologies (Track 4)
- Academic institutions and unions in the digital economy
- Digital media usage and sustainability awareness
- Sustainable data centers
- Sustainable education and sustainable technologies
- Future and challenges of the digital transformation in the Arab region
- Economic diversification in the digital era
- Legislations and policies for the digital economy
- Artificial Intelligence applications in the digital era
- Sustainable Urban Planning and Architecture
- IOT for tracking climate change
- Big Data Analytics and social media
- Digitalization of Islamic Banking and Finance
Original & Anonymized Papers
The ICGER 2022 conference will consider high-quality papers subjected to double-blind peer reviews by at least three (3) independent reviewers.
The conference welcomes submissions with clear significance, originality, and contributions to the literature.
Authors should submit original and anonymized papers in the English language, following author guidelines, not submitted elsewhere, below 10% of similarity, as a single Word or LaTex document.
Paper reviewing process is double-blind, therefore before submitting the paper, authors are requested to remove the names from the title page. This includes noticeable references to the authors in the text (if any).
Authors are recommended not to shorten references and to put DOIs. This will allow for more accurate citation and attribution.
Submissions will be through the submission link.
Submitted papers should not exceed 5000 words & 12 pages including references.
All submissions deemed suitable to be sent for peer review will be reviewed by at least three (3) independent reviewers based on a 70% acceptance rate. Reviewers will be allotted a maximum period of 10 days to complete the review process.
The revised articles will be reviewed by the initial reviewers.
All the papers with minor and major revisions will be entered into a second (final) round of review after addressing the reviewers' comments. Authors will have 7 days to submit their revised manuscripts along with a Point-By-Point Response Letter to all reviewers’ comments. Corrections done must be marked in other text colour.
Authors of accepted papers are expected to consider review recommendations while producing their camera-ready versions.
Upon acceptance, at least one author must register to present at the conference.
Camera-ready Paper Requirements
The Camera-Ready papers with final acceptance need to be prepared as per the publisher's guidelines and submitted by 20th February 2023.
All English accepted manuscripts will be published in the Conference Proceedings and will be submitted to be indexed by Scopus.
Selected papers will be invited to be published in the following journals as special issues or regular issues.
Arabic Publications (Special / Regular Issues)