International Conference on Global Economic Revolutions: The Era of the Digital Economy
Artificial Intelligence for Business Innovation and Economic Diversification
The International Conference on Global Economic Revolutions: The Era of the Digital Economy (ICGER) is an international forum for the exchange of ideas and information on the economic changes and developments in the era of the digitalization.
1-3 October 2024
The Art Hotel & Resort, Amwaj Island, Bahrain
About this conference
The International Conference on Global Economic Revolutions: The Era of the Digital Economy (ICGER) is an international forum for the exchange of ideas and information on the economic changes and developments in the era of digitalization. The conference brings together contributors from a variety of perspectives, disciplines, and communities seeking the advancement of knowledge regarding the digital economy.
ICGER 2024 “Artificial Intelligence, Business Innovation and Economic Diversification” will be held on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd of October 2024. The conference will be organized by Ahlia University, the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The conference aims to provide a premier platform for discussing a variety of views on a wide range of novel and important topics in the digital era. While Industry 4.0 witnessed the beginnings of Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), and big data, the new digital revolution will take a societal approach to digitalization. Therefore, it is essential to prepare for the upcoming revolution starting today.
This year’s hybrid conference aims to bring together leading researchers, academics, scientists, research scholars, and industry professionals to exchange their ideas, present their research, and offer solutions to important issues such as economic diversification, digital inequalities, and the data divide, AI vs. human, metaverse, business resilience, business innovation for sustainability and the circular economy. This conference further aims to provide an interdisciplinary platform to discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and approaches that will support economic diversification strategies and address concerns faced by businesses in the era of the digital economy.
|20th July 2024
|15th August 2024
|Camera ready paper (final revised version)
|10th September 2024
|1st to 3rd October 2024
Artificial Intelligence, Business Innovation & Economic Diversification
- The role of AI and big data in economic diversification
- Economic growth in the digital economy
- Knowledge management and economic diversification
- Business innovation and economic diversification
- AI-enabling entrepreneurship
- ICT policies and strategies towards nation branding
- Blockchain, green bonds and cryptocurrencies
- The role of metaverse platforms and digital twins
- Islamic finance technological strategies
Artificial Intelligence, Big Data & the Digital Divide
- Digital inequalities in the era of artificial intelligence and big data
- Big data and discrimination
- The role of big data on sectarianism/radicalization
- Remote learning and the digital divide
- E-government services and the digital divide
- Democratization in technological development
- Machine learning bias
- Data mining
- Talent acquisition and hiring bias
- Financial inclusion and financial literacy
- AI democratization
- Data democratization
- Autonomous AI
Business Resilience, Circular Economy, & Sustainability Governance
- Business Model Innovation through technology
- Business Model Innovation through Technology
- Circular models
- Artificial Intelligence and the Circular Economy
- Responsible artificial intelligence
- Resource regeneration approaches
- Artificial intelligence and sustainable entrepreneurship
- Policies and Strategies for the Circular Economy
- AI-Big data analytics, business change management, and sustainability
- Sustainable finance and investment
- FinTech, RegTech
- Re-Commerce in the Circular Economy
- Social data/Big data governance
- Big data governance
- Ethical AI and AI legislations
- Crisis Informatics Research
- Crisis management and disaster management
Digital social equality, Industry 5.0, Society 5.0
- Industry 4.0, Industry 5.0, Society 5.0
- Metaverse and Society 5.0 research agenda
- Drivers and enablers for transformation
- Gender diversity
- Social diversity
- Public Policy
- Human Skills in Society 5.0
- Digital charities and donations
- Collaborative Online International Learning
- The role of digital media and social media
- The role of technology leadership
- Open innovation, innovation development
- Collaboration between humans and AI
Original & Anonymized Papers
The ICGER 2024 conference will consider high-quality papers subjected to double-blind peer reviews by at least three (3) independent reviewers. The conference welcomes submissions with clear significance, originality, and contributions to the literature.
The ethical* requirements for authors mandate that submitted work should not have been published elsewhere and should not be intended to be published elsewhere during the review period. furthermore, authors are not allowed to change the affiliation (institution) they had used during the submission process even if in reality their affiliation (institution) has been changed while preparing the camera-ready paper and the copyright unless they provide us with written permission from their previous affiliation.
Authors should submit original and anonymized papers in English, following author guidelines, not submitted elsewhere, below 15 % of similarity, as a single Word or LaTex document.
The paper reviewing process is double-blind, therefore before submitting the paper, authors are requested to remove the names from the title page. This includes noticeable references to the authors in the text (if any).
Authors are recommended not to shorten references and to put DOIs. This will allow for more accurate citation and attribution.
Submissions will be through the submission link and email.
* The program committee chairs retain the right to eliminate any papers in violation of these requirements and to exclude the authors of such papers from future
Submitted papers should not exceed 5000 words & 12 pages including references.
All submissions deemed suitable for peer review will be reviewed by at least three (3) independent reviewers based on a 70% acceptance rate. Reviewers will be allotted a maximum period of 10 days to complete the review process.
The revised articles will be reviewed by the initial reviewers.
All the papers with minor and major revisions will be entered into a second (final) round of review after addressing the reviewers' comments.
Authors will have 7 days to submit their revised manuscripts along with a Point-By-Point Response Letter to all reviewers’ comments. Corrections done must be marked in another text color.
Authors of accepted papers are expected to consider review recommendations while producing their camera-ready versions.
Upon acceptance, at least one author must register to present at the conference. Non-adherence to this policy will result in the paper being dropped from the Conference and Conference Proceedings or Publications.
Camera-ready Paper Requirements
The Camera-Ready papers with final acceptance need to be prepared as per the publisher's guidelines and submitted by 10th September 2024.
Authors of selected papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their manuscripts for publication in selected international journals.
Authors are not allowed to change their contact details and affiliations after submitting the camera-ready paper along with the copyrights.
Authors are not allowed to change the sequence of their names on the camera-ready papers and they have to abide by the sequence provided in the copyright forms.
Any inquiries about the publication process by the co-authors should only be made by the corresponding author whose name and details are stated in the copyright form.
|Scholars - Attending only (with certificate)
|Scholars - Attending, presenting and publishing
|Scholars Full Package - With Bahrain Culture Trip (Day 3)
|Student Authors - Attending only (with certificate)
|Student Authors - Attending, presenting and publishing
|Student Authors Full Package - With Bahrain Culture Trip (Day 3)
|Industry - Attending only (with certificate)
|Industry - Attending, presenting and publishing
|Industry Full Package - With Bahrain Culture Trip (Day 3)
|Ahlia University Student - Attending only (with certificate)
|Ahlia University Student Full Package - With Bahrain Culture Trip (Day 3)
Payments made are not refundable for any reason.
Note: The Full Package includes attending with a certificate, presenting, publishing, and the ICGER trip.
All English accepted manuscripts will be published in the Conference Proceedings and will be submitted to be indexed by Scopus.
Selected papers will be invited to be published in the following journals as special issues or regular issues.